Its burrito night at the Oscavich house!!!!
and we have no tortillas. Just my luck. But it turned out for the better. I made my own. With everything that I already had in the house. They are delish way better then store bought. Here is the recipe with some pictures. Super easy and super yummy.
1. Whisk flour, salt, and baking powder together in a large bowl. Add vegetable shortening and work into flour mixture using a pastry cutter until it resembles coarse crumbs.( i used my kitchenaid because I do not own a pastry cutter.)
2. Form a well in the middle of flour mixture and mix in hot water. Work flour and water mixture together with a fork and transfer to a cutting board.
3. Knead until a smooth soft dough is formed about 3 minutes. Add more flour if dough is too sticky.
4. Place more flour on cutting board and cover dough with bowl. Let rest for 15 minutes.
|Here's my dough ball (sort of)|
6. Roll out balls of dough in a circle
|this is probably the only one that made it to a circle|
Finished product I am sure I could of cooked them longer but I like mine light. These were super super yummy. Even the hard shell taco lovers in the house loved these. I will never go back to store bought.