Thursday, July 26, 2012

Homemade flea shampoo



Here are my two muttleys . They are two boxer shepherd mixes . Their names are Lana and Sassy.  They are a little over a year old and they drive me bonkers :D But I love them. They  have recently became friends with the dogs down the street and those dogs are infested with fleas. Well now my dogs are too. So while my husband was home today we decided to give the dogs a bath and low and behold we only have enough flea shampoo for one of the dogs. Great! 

So I got to searching around and I found this and decided to try it. 

Homemade Flea and Tick shampoo

  • 4 cups of water
  • 1 cup of dish soap
  • 1 cup of white vinegar




Mix well in a bowl or bottle. ( I didn't have a bottle big enough for it all so I did it all in a bowl)


  and its done!!! So simple.



I stored mine in a old creamer bottle it filled it up one and half times. So it makes enough for a few washes.

We washed the dog with it. It is a runny soap but lathered well and surprisingly our dog doesn't smell like vinegar. 

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!! We started washing her and the fleas were running lol. I am not sure how well it is going to do on repelling them but as for killing them and getting them off of her. It worked wonders. I am never buying flea shampoo again. This was so easy and cheap to make and I had everything in my house already. 


Now if I can keep them away from the neighbors dogs or teach them to wash theirs we will be good  :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment