Thursday, July 26, 2012

Eggless brownies ????

I got the hankering for something sweet. Then it hit me BROWNIES!!!!! I went to go make brownies and realized I have no eggs. How do I have no eggs. So I got on google and started searching . Found a recipe for eggless brownies. Hmmmm lets try em :D 




Here's the recipe:


½ cup sugar
½ cup mashed bananas
12 tbsp flour
2 tbsp hot water
pinch of salt
3 tbsp butter
1½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
¼ tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder



- Heat oven 350F/180C.
- In a bowl, sift the flour with baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a microwavable bowl, add the chocolate chips and butter. Melt in the microwave and set a side. ( I don't have a microwave so I used a double boiler)
- In a different bowl, add the sugar, banana, 2 tablespoons hot water, vanilla, and the chocolate mixture. Whisk the mixture well.
- Add the flour mixture to the already mixed wet ingredients and stir until well combined. Don't over mix.
- Pour the mixture in a greased baking pan. I used 11"x8" you can use a smaller pan.
- Shake the baking pan gently, just to remove bubbles if formed and even the surface.
- Bake brownies for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with very few crumbs.
- Leave the brownies to cool in the baking pan, let it cool at room temperature. Don't touch the surface of the brownies.
- When it cools, refrigerate it for an hour before cutting it.





They turned out okay. Its like a chocolate covered banana brownie. They are very very chocolately. Almost fudgey  I added a little carmel and nuts and they were yummy.  I think I could probably add some applesauce or a different fruit instead of the bananas ( not a chocolate banana fan) but they have potential. A fun little baking experience :D I think I will try eggless brownies again. and tweak it a bit 

No comments:

Post a Comment